Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default Gel kneepads

Spamlet wrote:
"Peter Twydell" wrote in message
In message
,
Dave Starling writes
On Jul 30, 11:15 am, Peter Twydell
wrote:
Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of any
particular pads they sell?

The strap-on ones (ooer) make your knees sweaty and cut off
circulation if they are too tight and when you kneel down for long
periods. Get some work trousers that have pockets for kneepads. The
snickers ones are good but cost ££, but then what are your knees
worth to you? £50 for decent trousers and pads vs pain, suffering
of damaged knees. I hope yours get better soon.

Dave.

Thanks. It's just the right one, getting better all the time apart
from the stiffness and slight tenderness. I'm riding my push bike
again after two years.

I don't intend using them for long periods,

You will find all sorts of excuses for wearing them once you have:
it's amazing how much kneeling we actually do without thinking about
it and how much easier it is with padded knees: why the hell didn't
we evolve them? S

I wear my built in kneepads all day every day. Agreed, you don't realise
how often you kneel down doing DIY.

You only have to kneel on a dropped screw once to convince yourself :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk