Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Gel kneepads

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:15:02 +0100, Peter Twydell wrote:

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of any particular
pads they sell?

I've tried a couple of differnt strap on types and they are a PITA if
you are up and down a bit rather than kneeling at a task for a while,
in which case I'll try to sit rather than kneel.

Intrested about the knee pad pockets. Where abouts in relation to the
knee does te pad go when you stand up? What do people use in the
pocket? As I haven't got on with the strap on things I know use a bit
of anti fatigue floor mat(*) to kneel or sit on. I guess stuitably
cut bits of that would work well in knee pockets.

(*) Medium/high density foam sheet about 1cm thick in bits about 60cm
square with jigsaw interlocking edges so you can join 'em together to
cover a hard floor to make it more comfortable for standing on.
CostCo have it but I think I got mine from
Alidle.

http://www.morgan111morgan.com/home-...tigue-interloc
king-foam-floor-mats-5049.html

But don't pay those prices for a single mat. CostCo have a pack of 6
(maybe 8) with edging strips for just over a tenner inc VAT IIRC.
Alidle was also about a tenner for several mats, no edging strip.

--
Cheers
Dave.

I think it's much easier to be hands free by having the pads attached, and
also one always seems to end up falling off the edge of mats or overreaching
in trying not to. And also you can kneel in confined places, over joists
etc. I should think a way to keep 'knee pockets' on the knee, would be to
put laces above and below the pocket. I would not imagine the material
would last very long though. Perhaps the pad should be glued to the
trousers...