Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Gel kneepads

"Jim K" wrote in message
On 30 July, 11:46, Dave Starling wrote:
On Jul 30, 11:15 am, Peter Twydell wrote:

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of any particular
pads they sell?

The strap-on ones (ooer) make your knees sweaty and cut off
circulation if they are too tight and when you kneel down for long
periods. Get some work trousers that have pockets for kneepads.

I agree 100%.

IMHO they needn't be gel either - unless anyone can come up with a
realistic reason why they are "better" than ordinary squishy foam
kneepads?

Cheers
Jim K

Squishy foam ones better than the hard and slippery plastic ones. Never
tried gel: how does it stay in the right place? The strap design of my
cheap ones could be better as they dig into the back of my knees in my
preferred work attire of shorts. Yes, they do make your knees sweat, but
weeding in our very stony garden would be agony without them: some days I
found I was never taking them off!