Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_4_] Norman Wells[_4_] is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

Invisible Man wrote:

We pay £180. I am retired and don't have £1/4M+ to rebuild and replace
the contents. That is why we have house insurance, not for day to day
small losses.

Fair enough, but the chances of having to rebuild everything and to replace
all the contents must be exceedingly low. Normally, it's just a bit, and a
small bit at that, isn't it?

Fire, lightning, storm, subsidence and impact can easily run into 5
figures. £180 is a small amount to pay for peace of mind. Contents
insurance usually includes personal liability insurance so if you poke
someone's eye out with an umbrella, injure someone with a
non-motorised bike etc the insurance company pays.
Going back to the original topic we have a Sony KDL-52Z4500 which at
the time cost £2100 from Digital Empire but I have not felt a need to
take out any guarantee or specific insurance on that.