Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Contractor's grass seed

On 7/30/2010 10:55 AM, Matt wrote:
Just moved into new construction. Everything in the house seems to be
of average or higher quality, but the grass seed that they spread on
the lawn is coming in extremely clumpy. I will say that it was spread
in June and this has been about the hottest summer on record, but I've
also tried to water every night or morning at least for 10-15 minutes
per area.

Anyway, my question is whether the contractor grade grass seed will
eventually yield a nice plush lawn? Should I overseed with higher
quality seed or just not worry about it until this fall or next spring
when I can see what I'm really dealing with?

I doubt it. Probably used a lot of rye to get quick growth. I would
over seed with a good grass for your area. If done now, you will need
to water frequently.