Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Weed Wacker advice needed

In article ,
"desgnr" wrote:

Which weedwacker would be the best choice,Coordless or Gas Powered ?

If those are your only choices, go gas. We have some people here on
a.h.r. with acreage who would advocate gas for everything. But for me,
the best choice was a corded unit. I did some reading of reviews online
and got a stihl for about $100. I can reach everything on 1/3 acre with
a 100' cord.

Gas tools need to be used often to make them worthwhile, and the
weedwacker doesn't fit that qualification in my case. The cord is less
hassle than the care and feeding of a gas engine that is infrequently
used.

I think you'd be disappointed with a cordless unit, though.