Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Strange fingerprints on windows

On Jul 29, 9:06*pm, Sum Guy wrote:
Matt wrote:
Any ideas what they could be and what would dissolve them without
damaging the glass or windows?

Lacquer thinner. *Won't hurt glass, but don't get it on any painted
surface, or plastic. *I haven't come across anything that it won't
dissolve, remove, clean, etc. *Lacquer thinner is the only thing that
can remove the very nasty PL-premium adhesive (and probably also
expanding foam) from your hands before it dries.

Something else that might also work well in your case - gasoline.

In both cases, just a teaspoon full on a folded half-sized paper towel
or rag is enough.

Except then you will need to clean the glass with something else,
because lacquer thinner will leave a hazy, streaky residue of its
own. However, I have had to resort to that on occasion for
particularly troublesome windshields.

nate