Posted to uk.d-i-y
GAP GAP is offline

Default Bird seed - Consumption rate.

Michael Chare wrote:
The birds are eating the bird seed and peanuts in our garden in Kent
very quickly,

The rate of consumption is much quicker than I have seen before.

Has anyone else noticed a similar high rate, or able to explain why this
is happening?

I've only just started feeding the birds this year, so don't have any
historical consumption rates to compare with, however, I agree that
our standard size peanut feeders are getting emptied pretty well every
week. We do have the occasional visit from a woodpecker, but it's
mostly very industrious sparrows, sometimes as many as five at a time.
Still, watching them squabble is entertaining!

Graham (Feeder outside study window so I can watch it when I'm
supposed to be working :-)