Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson Peter Duncanson is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:21:55 +0100, "Norman Wells"
wrote:

Invisible Man wrote:
On 30/07/2010 16:35, Norman Wells wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:

Have you ever claimed on your house insurance, I wonder? Mine's just
come up for renewal and I can't recall ever making a claim in 35
years except one in 1990 for a relatively small amount of damage
caused by a couple of ridge tiles being dislodged by high winds.

The house is unlikely to collapse or hit an aeroplane, so what's it
for exactly? What are the most common claims?

A very long time since I was involved in household business.
Theft
Burst pipes
Storm
Accidental damage - spills on carpets etc.
All risks - loss of jewellery, specs, dentures etc.
Fires caused by chip pans, smoking materials, electrics
underground pipes
accidental damage to sanitary fixtures etc.
Impact by vehicles
Flood
Malicious damage
subsidence
glass

I think I have personally had 1 claim for impact to a front wall and 2
for loss of specs

So, just one claim on house insurance and two minor ones on contents.
You've obviously made a substantial loss on premiums overall then, as I
have.

I'm thinking of not renewing mine (£300 quoted) as I think I'm relatively
low risk. You are too, so why do you pay to keep it going?

There are low risk but costly events that are worth insuring against.
The most obvious one is fire.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)