Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_4_] Norman Wells[_4_] is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

Invisible Man wrote:
On 30/07/2010 16:35, Norman Wells wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:

Have you ever claimed on your house insurance, I wonder? Mine's just
come up for renewal and I can't recall ever making a claim in 35
years except one in 1990 for a relatively small amount of damage
caused by a couple of ridge tiles being dislodged by high winds.

The house is unlikely to collapse or hit an aeroplane, so what's it
for exactly? What are the most common claims?

A very long time since I was involved in household business.
Theft
Burst pipes
Storm
Accidental damage - spills on carpets etc.
All risks - loss of jewellery, specs, dentures etc.
Fires caused by chip pans, smoking materials, electrics
underground pipes
accidental damage to sanitary fixtures etc.
Impact by vehicles
Flood
Malicious damage
subsidence
glass

I think I have personally had 1 claim for impact to a front wall and 2
for loss of specs

So, just one claim on house insurance and two minor ones on contents.
You've obviously made a substantial loss on premiums overall then, as I
have.

I'm thinking of not renewing mine (£300 quoted) as I think I'm relatively
low risk. You are too, so why do you pay to keep it going?