Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_4_] Norman Wells[_4_] is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

Invisible Man wrote:

Whenever someone tries to sell me a warranty or insurance I say I
worked for an insurance company for 36 years and don't believe in it.
Car insurance, house and contents insurance and travel insurance I do
have.

Have you ever claimed on your house insurance, I wonder? Mine's just come
up for renewal and I can't recall ever making a claim in 35 years except one
in 1990 for a relatively small amount of damage caused by a couple of ridge
tiles being dislodged by high winds.

The house is unlikely to collapse or hit an aeroplane, so what's it for
exactly? What are the most common claims?