Posted to alt.home.repair

Default color of exterior sealer

On Jul 30, 7:25*am, Frank wrote:
On 7/29/2010 10:01 PM, Uno wrote:

Frank wrote:

I use stain containing seals. Thompson's is not that great as water
repellent is lost in a year, but color will remain.

I guess I wonder what "contains" what.

Can one add stain to a sealant solution?

Can one add sealant to a stain solution?

Thompson's water seal can come with stain or can be clear.

Thompson's water seal is crap. Just about everyone in the product
evaluation business says so. Any clear sealer is the least effective
and even the best ones only last a few years. Semitransparent is a
good compromise between longevity and something that still lets you
have that wood grain look. It will last 2 to 3 times longer than a
clear sealer. Opaque will easily last the longest but few people like
the visual results on decks. I alway use semi on all our decks.