Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson Peter Duncanson is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:46:12 +0100, Invisible Man
wrote:

I am old enough that I still think of things that work with water as
electrical rather than electronic even though they have electronics
these days. With all the clever countdowns and displays it never ceases
to amaze me that so few washing machines have a facility to sound a
warning when the cycle is complete.

That would need to be a switchable facility. Some of us run our washing
machines at night to use cheaper electricity. We DO NOT wish to be woken
in the middle of the night to be told the machine mashine has finished.

I tend to set the cooker timer for
the approx time our Bosch says it will take. Quicker the stuff is out
the less ironing.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)