Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Guess which subject has reared up again?

In article ,
"Spamlet" writes:

The firemen who came to give us free smoke detectors seemed to think that
toasters under kitchen cupboards and hanging tea towels on the rail on the
front of oven doors were the most dangerous things - after smoking that is.

When I last did a fire training course, which is probably 6+ years
ago, fires in the home were due to smoking firstly, and chip pans
secondly. Unattended TV's was also surprisingly high up the list.
Wouldn't be surprised if the chip pan one had dimished, as I suspect
deep frying in an open pan on the hob has probably dropped.

But the significant thing about electrical installation fires are
they they mostly aren't due to poor installation workmanship, but are
due to doing nothing when the installation badly needs working on.
That's the point which is always (deliberately) missed by the likes
of NICEIC, because it doesn't fit with their agenda.

--
Andrew Gabriel