Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.digital-tv
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

"Invisible Man" wrote in message

I tend to rely on the warranty and the Sale of Goods legislation. A TV
should last 5 years so if it fails you have some recourse against the
retailer. I also pay on my own credit card to get protection in case the
retailer goes bust.

I recently got a new dish washer from GM card because the free warranty I
got from Empire direct was useless when the WD broke. I could probably have
got it fixed but the wife hated it anyway and GM card just refunded the cost
without any hassle.

Most electronic stuff is obsolete long before it wears out.

Except stuff with water in it. 8-(