Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default 50W equivalent LED GU10s?

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:28:53 +0100, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

I bought some 20-25W (1.8W) LED GU10s the other day from ebay
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180497438370) and I
have to say I'm pleased with them.

I bought the "day white" variety and the colour balance is fine for our
en-suite bathroom. Unfortunately they're not really going to be bright
enough to replace the 50W GU10s in another room in our house
(living/dining/kitchen) but the prices jump markedly when looking at higher
wattage lamps. I think I'd also probably go for the "warm white" for that
room which is another reason for going for a higher wattage lamp

Does anyone have any reccomendations for LED GU10 lamps with good colour
balance (i.e. like tungsten), power and price combination?

I use ones like these
http://www.bltdirect.com/product.php?pid=21345&cat=2510&nm=LED+Civilight+GU 10+4+Watt+Warm+White+%28High+Output+200+Lumens%29
or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3yvbxq2

They don't have as good a colour balance as halogen lamps and are
expensive but last a lot longer and use less electrickery. In my
kitchen I have a mix of halogen and LED bulbs.
--
(\__/) M.