Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo[_2_] Geo[_2_] is offline

Default HBP pipe and Speedfit fittings

Thanks for the replies - I have replied below

I bought Speedfit inserts but initially was unable to fit them - have now tried
a smear of silicone grease and got them into the pipe with a bit of pushing.
(For the record I also bought a pipe-cutter :-)

The original house pipework /is/ all stainless steel - right pig to work with.

The plumber used brass T to come off the original pipes - not sure if the branch
is ordinary compression - it looks normal.

The plastic pipe had a couple of in-line couplers under the bath - these are
also marked HBP. Only reference I found on the HEP2O site was that using these
could be a cause of seepage.
http://www.hep2o.co.uk/v2Ofaults1.htm
2. Problem: Joint weeps
"e. Components from an old Hep2OŽ or AcornŽ fitting may have been used when
ressembling a Hep2OŽ fitting. The cap, metal grab ring, 'O' ring and spacer
washer from old Hep2OŽ or AcornŽ fittings are not compatible with Hep2OŽ
fittings. Evidence: Cap marked HBP (Hep2OŽ is marked Hepworth); Metal grab ring.
(Hep2OŽ has a white grab wedge); 'O' ring not marked (the Hep2OŽ is marked with
the size); spacer washer (not needed in Hep2OŽ fitting)."

Anyway I feel a bit more relaxed now - thanks again.

--
Geo