Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex7 Vortex7 is offline

Default 50W equivalent LED GU10s?

On 29/07/2010 20:28, Tim Downie wrote:
I bought some 20-25W (1.8W) LED GU10s the other day from ebay
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180497438370) and
I have to say I'm pleased with them.

I bought the "day white" variety and the colour balance is fine for our
en-suite bathroom. Unfortunately they're not really going to be bright
enough to replace the 50W GU10s in another room in our house
(living/dining/kitchen) but the prices jump markedly when looking at
higher wattage lamps. I think I'd also probably go for the "warm white"
for that room which is another reason for going for a higher wattage lamp

Does anyone have any reccomendations for LED GU10 lamps with good colour
balance (i.e. like tungsten), power and price combination?

Tim

Just purchased some of these for the office kitchen. (Got fed up with
having my head singed (low ceiling) when making tea).

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u1042ww-g...te-p-2248.html

They perform as advertised. Less than 50W equivalent but 35W completely
plausible. Pleasant white as well. I would buy again.