Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Ordering and fitting a new radiator

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 01:35:00 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 29/07/2010 19:04, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In articleScOdnRyxe7sloM3RnZ2dnUVZ7s4AAAAA@brightvie w.co.uk,
John writes:
On 28/07/2010 13:12, PeterC wrote:

I've done a lot of soldering of copper pipes, but not for20 years and not
with leadless solder - but there just might be a bit of old stuff lurking
in a corner somewhere.

Lead/tin solder will be fine on central heating pipework anyway... (even
if not PC!)

AFAIK, it's still allowed for non-potable water.
I can't say I see much difference between leaded
and lead-free when using them for plumbing anyway.

Yup agreed - apart from feeling too light to be proper solder, the lead
free seems to work well enough on pipes. (not sure sure its a good idea
on electronics though!)

So rads. OK then - and I've enough cored and plain 'proper' solder for
elctronic/electrical jobs to last 50 years, which at the age of 63...
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away