Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Harbor Freight Cargo Carrier - 92655 - Experience?

In article ,
DerbyDad03 wrote:
...snipped...
Larry:

How tight is your carrier bar in the receiver?

I just assembled the carrier and installed it on my vehicle's Class 3
hitch.

There is a lot of play in the receiver. At the farthest back end of
the carrier, I've got almost 2.5 inches of vertical motion and about
the same side to side.

Is yours that loose?

It has a fair degree of rocking up & down, maybe 3 inches,
around the axis of the drawbar, measured at the extreme left or right side,
and maybe 2 inches in a side-to-side, parallel to the ground plane. I
drive at moderate speed when it is installed and loaded, but
I've never worried about it much. There are some drawbar pins and
attachments available to take the play out if it concerns you. The ones
I have seen have a large bolt that tightens down against the side of
the drawbar.