Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Harbor Freight Cargo Carrier - 92655 - Experience?

In article ,
wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:09:50 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry W) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 06:40:50 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Jul 29, 9:28*am, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 05:58:16 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

...snipped...
That should greatly enhance high speed handling in an emergency!

Probably less than the impact on emergency handling when I'm towing my
trailer...but thanks for playing.

Don't be too sure that you are correct on that.

The trailer being dragged behind actually has a dampening effect that
this thing completely lacks.

Speaking as someone who regularly uses both the carrier and a 1200 lb GW
trailer, I say he _can_ be sure. At least on a Jeep Cherokee size
vehicle, handling is certainly affected more by a loaded trailer than
a loaded carrier.

Put 4 or 500 pounds of weight on the carrier and get back to us after
running a slalom course.

The heaviest load I've had on the carrier was about 320 lbs, so I can't say for sure about 400 or 500. And I don't run slalom courses in my jeep. OTOH, I
can say with a fair degree of certainty that it would be faster through
a slalom course with 400 lbs on the carrier than with a loaded trailer.