Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Harbor Freight Cargo Carrier - 92655 - Experience?

My point was, it's one way to check the leeway of your receiver,
without having the mass of the carrier to confuse you. Or, it's
another 2x2 inch pipe, which might be bigger than the carrier's 2x2
inch pipe.

Or, just measure the carrier's 2x2 and comparie it with any other
thing you've ever put in the receiver. If it's the same size, don't
worry aobut it. If the carrier's is smaller, stuff hard shims in.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:26:17 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I just assembled the carrier and installed it on my vehicle's Class 3
hitch.

There is a lot of play in the receiver. At the farthest back end of
the carrier, I've got almost 2.5 inches of vertical motion and about
the same side to side.

Is yours that loose?

YOu're sure you're not moving the car?

The bar is not as big as other draw bars?

I needed a spine for mine, and I found one at Home Depot. Of course I
don't know it's spec compared to the specs of teh one that came with
it, but it looked even heavier, though the home depot one has 4 holes
every 2 inches. I wonder if that will ruin the 500 pound
capacity??????????