Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Got my new specs

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:48:35 +0100, R D S wrote:

Any other input, advice or feedback on the site would be also be
appreciated.

Only mention bi-focals, are varifocals available? Though I appreciate
that the fitting and eye/lens relationship with varifocals may
preclude the selling of them over the internet.

On the site, no snail mail address that I can find in the obvious
places like About Us, Contact Us, FAQ etc. AIUI commercial websites
should (must?) have a snail mail address somewhere.

On my other site www.justrimless.co.uk we do varifocals. We can control the
position better in a rimless frame as the bridge attaches to the lens in a
relative position across the range.

The search box is cunningly disguised as the same colour as the bar
it is sat in.

I'm thinking of adding the advanced search to the front page somewhere and
displaying it more prominently.

I don't think you need the CC logos by the basket...

I hadn't noticed but yes, I agree.

It's easy to navigate but with such a large number of similar
products I'd like to see the abilty to select only those frames, from
all the sections that are purple, metal, flex hinges, and so on.

Currently there are a lot of similar frames and a large number of categories
with frames overlapping them. We intend to list more stuff in fewer
categories and make better use of the search filters.

Thanks for the feedback.