Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT - Got my new specs

In message , R D S
writes

"Dave Baker" wrote in message
Now thay have 5 or 6 CNC controlled machines and several employees and do
the lenses for all the opticians in the local area. It's just if you go to
an optician you pay several times as much for the high street shop rental
and the consequent huge markup.

I bet the local opticians who are using their services don't know they are
selling online, they bloody hate that type of thing.

Anyway i'm shamelessly hijacking this thread! As some of you already know I
make specs for a living and have just acquired the business One Stop
Glasses.
We have been doing their manufacturing for the last 5 years and due to other
commitments they have decided to sell up.
I only took it on on Tueday and currently in the process of photographing
our stock and clearing out theirs (we have frame suppliers we have a good
relationship with, if it aint broke...).

So if anyone fancies a dirt cheap pair of specs there are approx 120
products listed in the clearance section from just over £15,

Fairplay are £15 - £20 for a standard pair of glasses

--
geoff