Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Repairing flexible pcb connector track?

Thanks for your advice. As you postulated this pcb is integral with the
lens and although I have the full service manual for the camera it give no
information at all on the lens which is a bought in item (not removable
though). The job is not really commercial, for a friend or myself but it a
sort of combination of all three. I caused the damage though and I need
to repair it because there is not really any alternative.

I have in the past repaired and modified boards and components and used
thin wire just as you described, this cable though has track and spacing
widths that are really challenging, and I don't have any microscope.

I have lots of old bits of similar flexible boards and cables so I am

going
to experiment with them.

I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe you should "bite the bullet" and
have Sony do the repair. It's going to cost a lot of money, but it might be
worth it, simply in the grief saved.