Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Restek powered studio monitors

"Adrian Tuddenham" wrote in message
nvalid.invalid...
Archon wrote:

On 7/28/2010 8:28 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:

Some of the 13 x 8s did have, and I seem to recall that some also had a
bracket fixed across the centre, which held a pair of black Mylar-coned
tweeters. The 13 x 8s that I used were the 'straight' bass version. I
built 3 ways with them, using the matching EMI 8 x 5s for the mids, and
they did indeed (still do) have a whizzer cone in the middle. The mids
are separately baffled by their own sub-enclosure behind them, and
inside the volume of the bass cabs. The tweeters are Eagle aluminium
domes. Very bright sound. I picked them because I loved the clarity
that
they added to the top end of the sorts of music that I was listening to
back then - mainly heavy and progressive rock. The crossovers are also
Eagle. They used to make some good products. I guess they don't exist
any more. :-(

Arfa

Should have built the , Kef B139, B110, T27's, built them in 1976, still
using them, still sound awesome!

I'm using individully amped 2 x B139, B110, SEAS H881 in
totally-enclosed cabinets as monitors for pipe organ recordings. They
weigh 50Kg each (including the amplifiers) and are of 'sandwich'
construction of 9mm plywood, roofing felt and 19 SWG galvanised steel
plate.

We arranged an impromptu test which fooled the organ tuner into thinking
he was actually hearing the organ.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~

Love it ! Is this just church organ recordings, or theatre organs as well ?
We had a beautiful three manual Wurlitzer in town for many years until the
venue where it was housed, closed down. It had one of the best sounds I have
ever heard, and the resident organist played it like it was an extension of
himself. Shades of Dixon and Torch. I had a couple of CDs that were sold to
visitors to the venue, but all I have left now, is the case to one of them.
They were proper commercial discs, but I have been completely unable to
trace them anywhere since. Sadly, as the venue is now gone, there's no
chance of ever replacing them, I fear. Don't suppose you've ever come across
Sovereign Music, have you ? I wonder who bought that instrument when the
place closed, and where it is now ?

Arfa