Posted to uk.d-i-y,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.rec.gardening,uk.people.silversurfers,rec.food.cooking
Sam Sam is offline

Default clean with magazine sheets but not newspaper?

The Real Bev wrote
234 wrote
The Real Bev wrote
Owain wrote
Spamlet wrote

Years ago they did feature non dirty newspaper ink in Tomorrow's
World. Like everything else in that prog, it never caught on.

* The Breathalyser (1967)
* The ATM (1969)
* The pocket calculator (1971)

Electronic calculator, roughly the size of an adding machine, came out much earlier. Nixie tubes.

Nope, not that much earlier.

Yeah it was.

No it wasnt. It has to be after 64
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcula..._calculato rs

We may still have it :-(

Irrevant to when it first showed up.

* The digital watch (1972)

Pulsars -- red LEDs of some sort -- came out in the early 60s.

Nope, later than that.

Nope yourself. Well, maybe they took that long to hit Oz, but I
remember being at a gas station in Bakersfield and asking a guy to
push the button on his Pulsar. This is before our first kid was born
in 1964.

That must be your altzhiemer's talking, the Pulsar LED watch was only a prototype in 1970.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch#Digital

And that says that they were out of the price of the consumer until 1975.

We also acquired a stray calico kitten there, which we gave
to my mother-in-law. She was an exceptionally good cat, and now
Bakersfield cats have assumed a position of superiority in our family.

Gotta add 234 to my killfile, Rod. Sorry, but you earned it. The
brain inside isn't worth the trouble of scraping off the crap outside.

You never ever could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.