Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ordering and fitting a new radiator

In article ,
John Rumm writes:
On 28/07/2010 13:12, PeterC wrote:

I've done a lot of soldering of copper pipes, but not for20 years and not
with leadless solder - but there just might be a bit of old stuff lurking
in a corner somewhere.

Lead/tin solder will be fine on central heating pipework anyway... (even
if not PC!)

AFAIK, it's still allowed for non-potable water.
I can't say I see much difference between leaded
and lead-free when using them for plumbing anyway.

--
Andrew Gabriel