Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Archon Archon is offline

Default Restek powered studio monitors

On 7/28/2010 11:02 PM, Archon wrote:
On 7/28/2010 8:28 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:

Some of the 13 x 8s did have, and I seem to recall that some also had a
bracket fixed across the centre, which held a pair of black Mylar-coned
tweeters. The 13 x 8s that I used were the 'straight' bass version. I
built 3 ways with them, using the matching EMI 8 x 5s for the mids, and
they did indeed (still do) have a whizzer cone in the middle. The mids
are separately baffled by their own sub-enclosure behind them, and
inside the volume of the bass cabs. The tweeters are Eagle aluminium
domes. Very bright sound. I picked them because I loved the clarity that
they added to the top end of the sorts of music that I was listening to
back then - mainly heavy and progressive rock. The crossovers are also
Eagle. They used to make some good products. I guess they don't exist
any more. :-(

Arfa

Should have built the HiFi Answers Transmission line speakers, Kef B139, B110, T27's, built them in 1976, still
using them, still sound awesome!
JC