Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Great local mill, Van Norman #16, $950

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:41:13 -0500, Ignoramus6705

On 2010-07-28, RogerN wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:27:32 -0500, Ignoramus6705
wrote:

no affiliation

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bfs/1867161304.html

Van Norman #16 Universal Mill. Very handy machine in many wats that a
Bridgeport-type machine is not . . . cutter head can be loosened and
rotated to any angle from vertical to horizontal in minutes, returned
right back to accurately vertical. Table travel 21 inches. Approximate
weight 3000 lbs. Pick up here only, we can help out loading. Generally
very good condition, everything works, mechanically driven table. Lots
and lots of tooling, will include vise also. Ask for Paul.

Somebody..GRAB this!!!

Van Normans are one of the finest workhorse mills ever made.

My partner and I bought a #36 sometime back..its a big one...and Its
Farking Fantasitc!!

They are simply marvelous for things that other mills simply cant do,
without a ****load of speciality tooling, adapters and whatnot.

Snag it!!!!!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Iggy's waiting a reply on his $5 offer :-)

RogerN

I am not buying any machinery atm

Iggy thinks his new hip slick and cool CNC mill is going to do
everything for him.

And while he is running parts on it..he is going to have to stand with
his dick in his hand when he needs to make something else..a jig or a
fixture..and his machine is loaded and tooled for the other job...

And we told him that way was madness.........

Buwahahahahahaha!!!

Gunner Asch