Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Belt stretch affects CNC mill accuracy?

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
My friend told me that he saw something written somewhere that
Bridgeport Interacts cannot mill (bore) a precisely round hole,
because of stretch on the servo motor timing belts. What do you think
about this statement.

You'll never CNC Gcode to bore accuracy. You'd have to check your machine
but a circle to +/- .002 with G02/03 would be awful good for your machine.
For accurate bores get a boring bar. I'm partial to devleig microbore - they
do 2 tenths easily and I own a complete set from .250" to over 6.0". I
lock the gibs down tight while boring to get this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEVLIEG-HEAVY-ME...item359fdc41ac