Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default US atrocities

On Jul 28, 2:58*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:
At this URL:

http://www.bradleymanning.org/

you will find a petition to free Bradley Manning, the soldier who
posted a video showing *US servicemen shooting innocent Afghanistan
civilians from a helicopter, and JOKING ABOUT IT.

Is there a petition to apply the law to his situation? If so, I'd sign it..

This is the tip of the iceberg! *We're really winning hearts and
minds, letting these cowboys get off their rocks via
cold-blooded murder of "the other". *This goes on a lot, but it took a
very brave man to get the truth about one such incident out to the
American people.

That's what a "warrior" class is supposed to do: kill people and blow things
up. That's what they want to do, that's what they were trained to do, that's
what they need to do.

Nine years ago, we could have wiped out Osama and the Taliban in
Afghanistan right after 9/11. *But the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld axis
thought * *(this is on the record!) * *"there were better targets in
Iraq". *So they sold the American people the pack of lies that got us
into Iraq.

Here's a clue: It was NEVER the goal of the United States to kill or capture
Osama ben Laden. The sole strategy of the United States, under the Bush
administration, was to prevent another attack on the U.S. or U.S. interests
abroad. To do that, tactics were implemented to prevent or disrupt the
enemy's training, sanctuaries, financing, recruiting, and communication. If,
during these endeavors, we did manage to kill or capture ben Laden, that
would have been a plus. But it was never a goal.

The strategy was successful. In the decade preceeding 9-11, about one attack
per year was seen (WTC bombing, the USS Cole, bombing of embassies,
kidnapping of diplomats, etc.). If, during these endeavors, we did manage to
kill or capture ben Laden, that would have been a plus - but it was never a
goal.

Then came Obama. There have been three terrorist attacks on U.S. soil during
his brief tenure.

Which three are these please?