Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus6705 Ignoramus6705 is offline

Default Great local mill, Van Norman #16, $950

On 2010-07-28, Karl Townsend wrote:
Somebody..GRAB this!!!

Van Normans are one of the finest workhorse mills ever made.

My partner and I bought a #36 sometime back..its a big one...and Its
Farking Fantasitc!!

They are simply marvelous for things that other mills simply cant do,
without a ****load of speciality tooling, adapters and whatnot.

Snag it!!!!!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Iggy's waiting a reply on his $5 offer :-)

RogerN

If Iggy or someone else in Chi doesnt snag that mill..they are ****ing
daft.

I must be missing something. Not a versatile machine for an HSM, industry
don't want an old unit like this. I don't see much value here. I can see a
use for some special odd jobs but most, like myself, just can't have all the
these special use units filling up limited shop space. For example, I've
often pined for a pantograph but can't justify the space it would take. I
came to the same conclusion with a horizontal mill and a shaper, just to
mention a few nice to have machines. Now, I did make room for both a sinker
and a wire EDM and I really shouldn't have.

I think that it is a great mill for someone who is looking to have one
manual milling machine. It could do a lot of stuff. I have no need for
it, having a Bridgeport Interact CNC mill, and I do not really buy and
sell milling machines for profit.