Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus6705 Ignoramus6705 is offline

Default Debugged a function to mill a cone

On 2010-07-28, Snag wrote:
Jon Anderson wrote:
On 7/28/2010 5:20 AM, Ignoramus6705 wrote:

It is from some old Indian motorcycle. I am not a motorcycle guy and
have no knowledge or interest in them. But my friend does. This is
perhaps a 90 year old sprocket that needs to be reproduced. I would
guess that the angle on it is not standard.

Ok, REAL vintage. Ask what year and model, my dad rode and raced
Indians for years. Is it a front or rear sprocket? I'll ask what he
knows (remembers?) about the fit of this taper.

Jon

I'm gonna bet it's the sprocket on the transmission output shaft . I've got

I think so.

a '39 Harley Flathead that uses a tapered fit sprocket (and clutch
hub , and motor sprocket) , mine also incorporates an oil seal into
the sprocket . I'll be boring the hub and machining the seal portion
on the lathe . Might fit a modified sprocket section on my homemade
hub , unless I can pick up a sprocket cutter for "real cheap" .

No oil seal here IIRC.