Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Dry rot people in London?

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:47:43 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , PeterC
writes
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:40:12 -0700 (PDT), Martin Pentreath wrote:

Hi, after finally deciding that the small black stain slowly growing
in the wooden floor near our shower tray needed further investigation,
I've discovered what I think is dry rot. Of course it may be wet rot!
Anyway, it's rotten. Treatment looks likely to be a major pain in the
arse, entailing presumably ripping out the whole shower tray and
surrounding studwork, before we even get to pulling up of floorboards
and joists. Anyway, it's beyond my expertise, ability or patience, so
I need to get someone in. The problem, of course, is that I've
developed a healthy mistrust of people trying to flog treatment for
damp/rot. Can anyone recommend (or just suggest) someone in London who
could do this sort of work reliably? I'm happy to go down the route of
getting a surveyor in to start with, but I don't know any of them
either.

If you're within reasonable distance of the Watfrod corner of London, I can
find out the name of the company that did my last girlfriend's house (in
2000, so I can't remember which it was). No bull****, no attempt to scare
us into extra expense and, a bit later, the only company that was 'clean'
on one of those TV proggies.

That's why I asked whereabouts - I can't believe the lack of a clue of
people who just say "London"

I think the company you wanted to find in Watford were Dampcure

http://www.dampcurewoodcure.com/site/splash.asp

That seems familiar - thanks.
--
Peter.