Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Non-auto circuit breaker

On Jul 27, 10:20*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
RBM wrote:

He bought an inexpensive item. It will be his responsibility to pay
to ship it back, and probably not worth the money or effort.

Unfortunately, that is the situation. *It was a $12 item which cost me $6.00
to have shipped to me, and would cost me another $6.00 to ship it back.

The seller was careful not to describe the item as being tested by him, only
describing the item as being "fully functional" from a "working service".

If this actually had been a circuit breaker (and not just a switch, aka
"non-auto breaker"), I would return it for replacement, but as it is, I'll
just write it off.

Jon

He doesn't have to say he tested it for you to have a valid claim.
The description says that it is "fully functional" and since it is
faulty, it is NOT. If it were me, I would contact the seller and ask
for a refund, just so they don't get one over on me. Even if it costs
$6 to ship it back, you still wind up $6 better off than you are now.
That assumes of course they actually refund you the money, which if
they have good feedback they very likely will. Also, I have had
cases where the seller refunded shipping too. And cases where the
seller refunded my money and told me to keep the item.