Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default New Friends - What goes around, comes around.

On Jul 28, 1:12*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 7/27/2010 7:06 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:05 pm, *wrote:
On Jul 27, 4:36 pm, *wrote:

[...]

In any event, what could have been a pretty bad week ended up with us
having made some new friends and having our faith in the human race
restored.

I actually teared up reading this story. *Am so down these days about
people that it helps, big-time, to read about one decent human being,
and possibly a budding friendship resulting from his good deed.

Every time I help someone and they offer me money, I refuse and tell
them to pass it on. Someone may need a jump start, a lift to the gas
station, etc. I'm not wealthy by any means but I'll always tell them
to help someone else as payment. I've always wondered how many of them
actually do and I'd like to think that every one of them has taken a
little time to return the favor.

Last time I stopped to help someone I was driving down US-50 and saw a
Mustang merging onto the freeway. Just as he really got into the loud
pedal a lot of dark, thick smoke erupted from under the car. I pulled
over to see what'd happened and here the oil filter hadn't been
properly tightened so as soon as he got the RPMs up it started spewing
oil. No real problem, but he couldn't drive it without more oil. So
I gave him a lift back to his house. Guy wouldn't get out of the car
unless I took $20 from him. I still feel bad about it but
whattayagonnado. I hope his GF wasn't too ****ed at him (I believe
that it was her car, she was in it, he was driving, and I think he'd
done the oil change as well.)

nate