Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Restek powered studio monitors

On 28/07/2010 17:50, Arfa Daily wrote:

Didn't Phillips do something like this back in the 70's? Motion feedback
or some such daft name?

I think they called it 'David', it was a motion feedback woofer in a
powered-speaker
form factor. This kind of system can control the low frequency
behavior
of the cone very accurately. Mossbauer apparatus uses the same
hardware for motion control with .01% distortion, but that's a
linear-motion
measurement, no idea what the air movement effectiveness is.

OK, both. Don't remember the Philips system, but then the company that I
was working for back then, didn't do much with Philips. Still, that
sounds like the sort of system. Those specs for the Mossbauer are
impressive. I guess that's the sort of thing that it's going to be,
given the claimed value of these things. I've just been listening to a
CD through them. They sound nice, and very smooth with a very flat and
stiff sounding bass. Quite easy on the old lug-holes, but I'm not sure
that I would rate them as 16 grand more easy than my home-built EMI 13 x
8 cabs from the 70's ... :-)

Arfa

Ahh 13 x 8's did they have the whizzer cone in the centre?

Get the free SPAMfighter he http://www.spamfighter.com/len