Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Debugged a function to mill a cone

"Ignoramus8984" wrote in message
Wrote another G code generator function.

Given x and y of the cone center axis, z of the bottom and top, top
and bottom radius, and a few other parameters like finish quality, I
can mill out a vertical cone. I first rough it out quickly, and then
mill the inner surface to desired quality.

It seems to work. I am watching it right now on the webcam, sitting in
the family room. The finishing process with ball mill is tedious, I
set the finishing step to 0.01 inch.

Sounds a bit like overkill. As much as I like to make something I think I
would just buy funnels for transferring all those leftover chemicals to
smaller containers.