Posted to uk.d-i-y
pete pete is offline

Default OT - Got my new specs

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:46:06 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:
Dave Baker :
With the new specs everything is now pin
sharp. I can read car numberplates and road signs much further away whereas
previously I've always struggled a bit at extreme range. I now wonder if my
eyes have always been like this but the previous tests were wrong.

I'm always disappointed that opticians don't test your eyes again *with*
the spectacles they supply. This seems to me basic common sense -
checking that their prescription does actually work.

Some opticians (well, one that I've used before) did test the spectacles
against my prescription when they arrived. I know this because after many
weeks of not hearing, I enquired and was told this is what had happened.
Alternatively, they could have just forgotten to order them and this was
their excuse.
However, in these days of financial stress, I can't see an optician voluntarily
giving a customer the opportunity to back out (by falsely saying they
couldn't see clearly with the new spectacles) of a sale on a whim.

--
www.thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/page1.php