Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_z AL_z is offline

Default Couple of floor-tiling questions...

stuart noble wrote in

Thank you; that's a good point. What is the usual practice concerning
door architraves? I'm guessing they ease it off at the bottom, then
cut a bit off, so that the tile can go under it when it is nailed
back in place, Is that usual practice?

Al

You can cut them without moving them. You just need a handsaw without
the handle (or an extremely bendy saw) so that you can run the blade
flat against the tile at 90 degs to the architrave. Make that an old
saw as there is usually a nail or two at the bottom.

Excellent tip, thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of that!

Al