Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Couple of floor-tiling questions...

On 28 July, 12:42, "AL_z" wrote:
I'm preparing ro tile my hallway with ceramic tiles. Is it really necessary
to remove the skirting boards before tiling, or is it considered OK to tile
up to the skirting boards (leaving them in place)?

In my bathroom, I'm preparing to lay self-adhesive vinyl tiles onto the
chipboard floor. I have swept the dust off the floor, but is any additional
preparation advisabe? *(Painting the chipboard with a PVA solution, for
example)?

Many thanks,

Al

All the vinyl tiles that I have ever laid reccommended dilute PVA
first. It doesn't take that long to dry.

Jonathan