Posted to alt.home.repair
Elmo[_6_] Elmo[_6_] is offline

Default Advice for converting Sears Craftsman 220V compressor plug to washing machine plug

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:34:40 -0400, wrote:
First question - do you know you even HAVE a sub-panel?????? If you
don't have one it's pretty obvious it's not connected to one.

I tested it on the main panel and the power to the 240 volt receptacle
switched off when I hit one of the breakers on the main panel.

Yes, I have multiple sub panels. The house has had multiple additions by
previous owners. In fact, the actual dryer is in one of those additions,
so, I suspect (I didn't check) that it's on a sub panel.