Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Handheld GPS units usable for tract layout???

Dean Hoffman wrote:
dpb wrote:

The ag manufacturer's tractor-mount systems are 6" or so, but they're
also multi-k $$ and this function doesn't need the ancillary crop
software, etc., just waypoints...

--

Any chance of getting a bored, local farmer with with the fancy
guidance systems to help out?

They're definitely not bored this time of year...

There are some hand held laser type measuring devices available too.
I can't remember any brand names off hand. Would it be worth while to
buy a used total station on Ebay then resell it when you're done?

I'll use anything enough to be worth a certain amount (just not $20k
); no handheld laser will make a 1/2-mile and there are too many places
where there are enough rises/draws can't see over that the GPS would
have the big advantage if can work out what is cost-effective.