Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Zenni again

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

True, but the military is trained to handle hopeless situations. ;-)

"The impossible merely takes a bit longer."
and
"Numbah One Watchdog" and "Vigilance"
(CosDiv 11 and 13 RVN)

I worked in the 'Weathervision' section at Ft. Rucker, and as a
broadcast engineer at the radio & TV station at Ft. Greely. (USARAL) I
was slotted for the AFRTS TV facility in Vietnam in '73, but when my
orders arrived they were for the US Army Cold Weather research Facility
at Ft. Greely, Alaska. We were allowed zero downtime, yet everything
was classed as 'Depot level repair only'. In spite of that, I rebuilt
the station with whatever I could find. A lot of the equipment was
classed as factory repair only, and was so old there were no spare
parts. I grabbed junk TV sets that were on their way to the landfill to
get some of the parts I needed.

http://www.ocoarcticranger75th.com/services shows the Polar Bear patch
used by USARAL.