Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Handheld GPS units usable for tract layout???

On Jul 27, 7:12*pm, dpb wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

... I've seen whee they use GPS systems for
harvesting so the accuracy you need must be available at some cost level.

Yes, the guidance systems are 2-3" but they're a $20k+ add-on.

That's not the purpose for this nor can justify that outlay for the purpose.

Since I've found some other handheld units for the ag market that are
reasonable and software more in the budget...I might just bite at $500
and try it out and then get FSA to come double-check one or two fields
to get a feel for how well it's doing...

Any other input anybody does have would be interesting...

--

Just out of curiosity, why do you need accuracy in plot layout to a
tenth of an acre on an 80-100 acre plot? That's .1% accuracy, which