Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Non-auto circuit breaker

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 21:37:53 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Bought a "non-auto" circuit breaker (60A, 2 pole) from eBay. Now that I
have the unit, I realize that it isn't an overcurrent device, but just a
switch that fits into a breaker box. Oops.

Oh yeah, and the damn thing doesn't even work (intermittent "on" when I
jiggle the stab connectors). Fortunately it wasn't that much money.

Is a "non-auto" circuit breaker covered for any use approved by current
NEC?

Thanks,

Jon

That'll teach you about buying stuff from ebay. Never ever buy
anything electrical from ebay. Buying books on ebay is about the only
thing that's relatively safe. Better yet, block ebay in your browser.
I did.

Now call and email that seller about 20 times a day to **** him off,
do this for a week, then give the worst feedback you can.

Why did you jump to the assumption that the seller wouldn't accept the
item back and refund the purchase price?

Why not advise th OP to wait and see if and how the seller responds before
giving him the advice you did?

I've been using eBay for nearly 10 years now and only got screwed once,
back when eBay let ivory carvings be listed. I bought a carving from a guy
in Brooklyn which turned out to be plastic and the seller wouldn't repond
to me. Shortly after that the seller was no longer on eBay.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

He bought an inexpensive item. It will be his responsibility to pay to ship
it back, and probably not worth the money or effort.