Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Venezuela.

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
(snip)
Your turn. How much am I paying? And why is GE being held
responsible for doing something that wasn't illegal or even immoral at
the time?

Jim

Look up 'deep pockets'. Entire EPA / Superfund business model is, IMHO,
prima facie unconstitutional, in as for all practical purpose, title for
anything that may someday be declared HazMat, never passes. You merely

Don't get me wrong, I think the nasty stuff needs to be cleaned up, and
I don't have any good solutions for how it should be paid for. But I
always cringe to see Bad Law used, even for nominally noble ends.
Government extortion is never a good idea. The only certainty is that
the lawyers get rich, and a greater or lesser portion of the cost gets
added to the national debt. Probably cheaper to only haul the companies
to court when there is, ya know, actual evidence that they violated
actual laws in force at the time that the material was sold or disposed of.

--
aem sends...