Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default replacing a doorbell

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Jan Philips" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:42:11 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

mounting kits. (Come to think of it, I need to replace mine before I
sell the place, since it just kinda goes 'dink'...)

Ours doesn't "dong" anymore, and the "ding" is more of a "dink". And
the cover will not stay on.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Ours doesn't do anything any more. Anyone that we want to see knows to
come to the side door and we can see them. Anyone coming to the frond
door is selling magazines, wants to tell me about Jesus, or is looking
for votes. No plans to fix it.

Oh, I quite agree. But I know that when I put the place up for sale,
that will be one of the things they will check. That is the only reason
I will replace it, probably when I am doing the punchlist after the
garage sale, as I am loading the moving van. It can wait till I see a
tolerable one on the remainder table at one of the local borgs. Nobody
ever rings the front door that I really wanna talk to either. If it is
somebody official like a cop or fireman, they will bang on the door if
the bell brings no response.

--
aem sends...