Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Sources for "real" music wire

Tim Wescott wrote:

I have a good _feel_ for it, but not a feel that's calibrated in
numbers, unfortunately.

I'll have to see what I can get from McMasters, I guess. They have a 3'
assortment that sure lights up the 'candy shop' part of my brain, but
there's the expense...

Well if we could set the wayback machine to 1972 or so, Logansport Indiana, Bickels Bike
and Hobby Shop, you need to walk past a wooden railing in the back, go hard left, and
there it is in tubes. Next to balsa and small brass tubing. Check out the Cox engines in
the display case, maybe buy the pulse jet thingy. The price for fuel for glow plug
engines would make you smile now.

If you are into slot cars or HO stuff, go down stairs, pass the lines of Schwin bicycles,
ignore that Collegate model, the one with the Sturmy Archer 3 speed hub will handle the
paper route that is funding the visit and go to the back for the track for the big boys.
Oh baby!.

Wes